My mom wrote a book about her father who sailed around the world by himself, as an old man, and his many adventures, including being captured at gunpoint in Panama and having a huge parade at his arrival in Japan. (The mayor was there. Even the school kids got the day off to celebrate him!) It’s at amazon, and it’s very interesting and well-written. If you like travel, please check it out.
Also, I’m not generally very good at the award thing, but now that a few have stacked up, it’s time.
I received the Very Inspiring Blogger Award from makingitthroughmonday, who, it appears, has since deleted her blog. Talk about irony! I hope my lapse in acknowledging her award isn’t what caused her to give it up on Sunday.
So, I guess I’m supposed to tell you some stuff about me now.
1.My favorite color is blue, because, frankly, it’s the best color and anyone who thinks otherwise is only kidding themselves.
2.I drink tea more than coffee because I’m lazy, and throwing a mug of water with a tea bag in the microwave seems quicker and easier to me then brewing a pot of coffee. (Yes, I have heard of a Keurig, smarty-pants, but I don’t HAVE a Keurig.) But if you were to offer me coffee, I’d gladly accept.
3. Homeschooling my children has brought out the incredible impatience in me.
4. I am reading David Eddings’ Belgariad and Mallorean series for the third time. And I proudly got my husband started on them. He can barely put them down. Yep, they’re that good, if you’re into Lord of the Rings-esque fantasy.
5. I probably enjoy action movies more than I do chic flicks. Nope. Not probably. I actually do.
6. I think Chef Gordon Ramsey is awesome.
7. I like Shakira and Usher are better coaches on The Voice than Christina Aguilera and Cee Lo Green were.
8. I’m glad that I mentioned that I read since the last three involved movies or television. See, I AM well-rounded folks.
9. I have a book coming out in October called “101 Tips for a Happier Marriage.” If I were any good at marketing, I would have listed that first. But don’t worry, when it’s out for real, I’ll be plugging the tar out of it.
10. Am I supposed to come up with 10? I really should have read the rules on these things. Maybe I could have stopped at 7! Dang.
And now I’m going to nominate some people. How many, who knows? But these are my most faithful followers, so I’m totally playing favorites here. And if I don’t mention you, it’s just because I’m lazy and got tired of typing.
And, in honorium (is that word? It’s got a fuzzy red line under it. You know what I mean, though, right?), bellybuttonblues, who was my first blog friend, but is no longer with us. No, she didn’t die, she just deleted her blog to pursue other things. Her departure is still keenly felt.
Go visit those other blogs, though. They’re cool people. And don’t forget to check out my mom’s book. It’s a good read.