Perhaps they’re just pleased that I’m finally washing all those clothes.
Here’s my laundry method. There’s a reason I’m spelling it out for you. Wait for iiiiiiiittttt!
1. Procrastinate until laundry basket is full to overflowing.
2. Pick up scattered articles of clothing that have fallen off the laundry heap and shove them back in the basket.
3. Heft the load to the washing machine.
4. Open washing machine…speed up steps here because you, presumably already know how to do laundry, and if not, you probably shouldn’t really be learning from me.
5. After I pour in the detergent, I set aside some large article of clothing, or, as in today’s example, a baby blanket, and put the detergent cup upside down on said article to drain out more of the good stuff while I fill the washer.
6. Fill the washer.
7. Lift up-turned detergent cup so as to toss in last item.
8. If you’re lucky, you will find that the laundry gods are smiling upon you: